Santa Clara, CA - National Semiconductor Corp. recently announced a new family of automotive- grade low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS) 2 x 2 crosspoint switches that deliver the industry's best signal integrity and noise immunity at data transmission rates up to 3.125 Gbps. These Power Wise crosspoints, which consume as little as 105 mW of power per channel, combine with National's line drivers and receivers to reduce power consumption and heat dissipation in a wide range of automotive applications including infotainment, instrument cluster displays, GPS navigation, and backup and lane departure camera warning systems.
National's LVDS family has been characterized and qualified to meet the certification requirements of the AEC-Q100 standard as defined by the Automotive Electronics Council. LVDS is a robust differential signaling technology that's well-suited for automotive applications. It provides low power operation and high bandwidth, yet generates very little electromagnetic interference (EMI). Additionally, the wide LVDS common-mode and differential technology deliver exceptional noise immunity. This combination of low noise (EMI) generation and high noise immunity is critical as electronic systems continue to proliferate throughout the automobile in areas such as ignition, power-train management, infotainment and safety.
The eight new LVDS devices include three 2 x 2 crosspoint switches, a set of single and dual differential drivers and receivers, and a dual line driver and receiver pair. Each device is AEC-Q100 Grade 3 certified and guaranteed to operate up to 85 degrees C:
- The PowerWise DS25CP102Q 2 x 2 LVDS crosspoint switch delivers the industry's best jitter performance (6 ps typical) at data transmission rates up to 3.125 Gbps. The device features selectable transmit pre-emphasis and receive equalization to extend signal transmission reach in cables and FR-4 backplanes. It's supplied in a 16-pin LLP package. For more information or to order samples and an evaluation board, visit www.national.com/pf/DS/DS25CP102Q.html.
- The PowerWise DS25CP152Q 2 x 2 LVDS crosspoint switch, without signal conditioning, also offers industry-leading jitter performance at data transmission rates up to 3.125 Gbps. It's supplied in a 16-pin LLP package. For more information or to order samples and an evaluation board, visit www.national.com/pf/DS/DS25CP152Q.html.
- The DS10CP152Q 2 x 2 LVDS crosspoint switch, without signal conditioning, provides lower speed (1.5 Gbps) data transmission operation. It's supplied in a 16-pin LLP package. For more information or to order samples and an evaluation board, visit www.national.com/pf/DS/DS10CP152Q.html.
- The DS90LV011AQ LVDS differential line driver and DS90LT012AQ LVDS differential line receiver both support switching rates up to 400 Mbps (200 MHz). Both devices are supplied in 5-pin SOT-23 packages. For more information or to order samples, visit www.national.com/pf/DS/DS90LV011AQ.html and www.national.com/pf/DS/DS90LT012AQ.html.
- The DS90LV027AQ LVDS dual differential line driver supports switching
rates up to 600 Mbps (300 MHz), while the DS90LV028AQ LVDS dual differential
line receiver and DS90LV049Q LVDS dual line driver and receiver pair each
support switching rates up to 400 Mbps (200 MHz). The DS90LV027AQ and
DS90LV028AQ are supplied in 8-pin SOIC packages and the DS90LV049Q is supplied
in a 16-pin TSSOP package. For more information or to order samples, visit
About National's LVDS Portfolio
National Semiconductor's LVDS technology is a low-power, low-noise method for high-speed data transmission over copper interconnects. LVDS solves current and future high-performance data transmission challenges in bandwidth- hungry applications by delivering data at gigabits per second at milliwatts of power. National is the world's largest supplier of high-speed LVDS products, according to Databean's 2007 Analog IC Market Share survey. National's LVDS products include interface line drivers and receivers, LVDS-LVDS signal conditioners, LVDS-LVDS switching/multiplexing/repeating functions, LVDS serializer/deserializers, FPD link display solutions and ADCs with high-speed digital interfaces. For more information on National's LVDS products, visit www.national.com/LVDS.
SOURCE: National Semiconductor Corp.